Thursday, March 6, 2014

Resume Application

This was seriously the easiest resume I've ever done!  You definitely want to give yourself quite a bit of time to finish it, but if you have to leave your computer suddenly then you're given the option to save it as a draft and come back to it.  Personally, it took me a couple hours to complete this resume application.  But it was mostly because I had to input the information three times.  First time I failed to save it, second time my internet went out just as I was hitting the submit button, then the third time it worked!! But you guys shouldn't have this problem.

So what they're basically going to be asking for is your general information like name, gender, race and such (though you are given the option to pass that information if you feel like it'll change your chances of being hired) and then also your work experience.  Disney doesn't care if you have previous work experience or not.  I don't have a ton, and I still made it!  They also let you put in volunteer work.  If you do have a lot of work/volunteer experience, you're limited to how many you can say.  I think it's six, I can't remember the exact number.

Advise for what to put in those pages - I'd suggest looking for times you worked with children.  Disney is a family company and you'll be dealing with children a lot.  So try to show that you're experienced and work well with them.  Put things that show you're a hard worker.  Just try to make yourself look good and try to show that you are able to do many things.  For example, I've worked with kids a lot through being a singing assistant for a choir of kids ages 3-6, worked at a children's museum, but I also showed that I was able to wake up in the morning by putting that I had a morning paper route for 2 years.  Show that you're responsible.

They're also going to ask where you want to apply - Disneyland or Disney World?  You have the choice to apply for both, and I'd suggest you do just so you have the best shot.  Keep in mind, if you only apply for Disneyland then you will have some stiff competition.  Disneyland only hires like 300, whereas Disney World would hire more like 3000.  The program is much bigger at Disney World, and the housing is cheaper, and you are provided transportation.  Though, Disneyland is still wonderful!

Once you choose where you want to apply, you're going to be asked what areas you're interested in and how interested you are.  You're given the options - High Interest, Moderate, Low, Not Interested.  Some of the areas are Merchandise, Attractions, Bibbdi Bobbidi Boutique, Entertainment, Custodial, PhotoPass, and many many more.  And the key here is to be honest!!!!!  If you don't want an area, don't say you're interested in it!  You'll be considered for all parts as it is, but they get a better understanding as to where you'd enjoy yourself most with these answers.  You're not hurting your chances by saying that you're not interested in something.  I said I wasn't interested in Custodial, Life Guard, and Recreation along with maybe another one because I knew I either wouldn't enjoy them or I wasn't physically able to do it.  Custodial, I hate taking out the trash.  I've heard it isn't bad at Disneyland, but it just isn't my cup of tea.  And for lifeguard and recreation you need to be able to pass a really intense swim test in order to get the job and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it.  So just be honest with everything.

And that's more or else everything on the application.  You'll be asked a little more about yourself, and then you'll be done!  Then the waiting game begins to see if you made it to the Web-based interview or not.

Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment