Friday, June 27, 2014

A Pirate's Life for Me!!





The most exciting thing happened just now! I've accepted a role change to....

...drum roll...

PIRATES LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!

http://themeparkmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/p1040573.jpg

Ah! I'm so incredibly excited!!  In the Pirates League I'll be trained to do Pirate hair, makeup, nails and costuming so I can transform the landlubbers into the finest members of Captain Jack Sparrow's motley crew.  It's going to be an adventure and a half every day! And my costume is fantastic!! It looks both comfortable and fashionable, which is a rarity for some of the Disney costumes.


Really, this is exactly what I needed.  I get to work hair and makeup, something I went to 2000 hours of school for and was sad when I realized I'd have to stop doing it for roughly a year while I worked the summer and went to Disney.  Now I'm back in the game!

It also gets my foot in the door for where I want to go in life.  I'd love to do hair and makeup for Disney whether it be for their shows in the parks or on Broadway.  This is probably the lowest job in that category, but if I show them that I work well and that I have potential for bigger things then maybe I can work my way up!! That would be a dream come true :)

Fun fact: The Pirates League has actual props from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.  Too cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment